Monday, December 3, 2012

Dog Days Chicago Hot Dogs

I have a special place in my heart for hot dogs--it's located near the entrance at my stomach. 
When you don't have a Costco membership, getting a good hot dog can be hard, so I'm always on the lookout for a hot dog joint (FYI: I've never seen one in Utah). I was driving around with my realtor the other day and happened to spot one and bonus--it was actually really close to where I'm living! As soon as Dave got home from work, I forced him (yeah, that was hard) to go try it with me. 
Dog Days is in Norcross and they have quite a large menu, mostly consisting of different hot dogs (obviously), but they also have burgers, Italian sausages, fish and chicken baskets, sandwiches, salads and desserts. Inside, it has an eclectic-geek feel with a sweet Chewbacca head on one side and some framed Star Wars posters on the other, with a bunch of Chicago memorabilia filling in everywhere else. Dave ordered the 1/4 pound Georgia Dog, which is covered in sweet coleslaw, barbecue sauce, and grilled onions (moist and delish!). I ordered the 1/4 pound Chipotle Ranch Dog, which is overflowing with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and chipotle ranch (packed and perfect!). Foodgasm! Heavens, I loved those hot dogs! I've never had such a fantastic hot dog and I kinda want to eat there everyday...which might not be a good idea...

These pictures are from our second visit and boy, were they good!
 


The Pico









 The 141


Dog Days Chicago Hotdogs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment