Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pickle's Neighborhood Grill

No, not real pickles....though we did experiment with making some last week...anyways, I'm talking about a restaurant. If you want a juicy burger on Texas Toast slathered in yummy toppings with some crispy crinkle fries or jalapeño poppers, Pickle's..has...that....yeah..the menu even says they serve Hot Pub Pickles, though I haven't tried them, yet.
The first time we went, we got the Spotlight Burger and the BLT something something and both were quite good. The second time, Dave got the BLT thing again and I got a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of soup, but I really don't know what kind of soup it was. I wasn't impressed with either the soup or the grilled cheese--the grilled cheese was just Wonder Bread with Kraft singles on it and the soup was just some watery stuff from a can. Last time, I got the Philly Cheesesteak and Jalapeño Poppers and enjoyed both, though you can get the same poppers from the frozen aisle at the supermarket. 
Now, I'm kind of picky about my fries. I'm addicted, don't get me wrong, but there are kinds I like and kinds I like less and they can't be too wiggly or have stayed way too long in the fryer. Then there's the matter of seasoning. Mostly, salt will do, but there actually has to be salt on them. I prefer something more, like Five Guys Cajun Fries or SmashBurger's Smashfries, but I won't turn my nose up at simply salted. Then we get to the type of fry. I don't really like crinkle fries and shoestring fries piss me off (where's my fry? I can't get a nice, crispy outside with a fluffy inside from something have the circumference of a pencil! These are no fun to dip)! But I digress.
Verdict on Pickle's: worth a try or two, depending on how many you take with you and if you're willing to share bites.
Burgers: pretty good.
Cheesesteak: good. 
Fries: crispy, but crinkle.
Grilled cheese: not worth it.
Soup: not worth it.
Jalapeño Poppers: good, but cheaper for frozen ones.
Something that might get me there again: they're supposed to start serving breakfast soon (I'm a sucker for breakfast food that isn't cereal)!
Pickle's is on 5450 Peachtree Parkway in Norcross, Georgia. Give it a try!





Pickles Neighborhood Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment