Thursday, August 2, 2012

AJ's Famous Seafood and PoBoys

It's official: I was meant to live in the South! 
I experienced my first poboy on Monday. Yes, experienced. For those who don't know (me last week), a poboy is a sandwich with seafood on it and slathered in deliciousness. I admit that I haven't had the real real thing from New Orleans, but that doesn't change how much I enjoyed that sandwich. Aunt Andrea and I were out looking at an antique/consignment shop at lunchtime and she said that she remembered a poboy place from a few years ago, so we went. Cue the Heavenly Chorus.

AJ's Famous Seafood & Po Boy's on Urbanspoon

AJ's offers things like 13 kinds of PoBoys, Muffulettas, Jambalaya, Gumbo, Bayou Fries, Cheese Grits, Red Beans and Rice, Seafood platters, Cajun Eggrolls, and Gator Tacos! Not to mention the specials like Gator Chili. *drool* And they offer all this at pretty decent prices: half a poboy with a side of fries or red beans and rice is only $7 and they don't skimp on the fish.
Andrea got the shrimp poboy with red beans and rice and I got the scallop poboy with fries. Oh my gosh, was that thing gooooood! It makes me all tingly just thinking about it. The scallops had a little bit of crispy batter on the outside and plentiful plushy pillows of loveliness on the inside! The bread was pretty decent, too! And the fries were crispy enough (and not crinkles or shoestrings) and there was some good seasoning salt on the table. The red beans and rice were delectable! I could've eaten a whole bowl of them, but then I wouldn't have been able to fit in the sandwich. The only negative I have is the Crystal Hot Sauce: not spicy at all! That's the hot sauce maker's fault, though, and any hot sauce is better than none at all. 
Haul your hungry butt over to 2100 Roswell Rd. Suite 200-O in Marietta.

I need to get that Gator Chili....

No comments:

Post a Comment