Friday, March 30, 2012

Just Starting Out...kind of...

This is my first blog ever, and yes, I know I'm a bit behind the times. I'll start off by explaining a little about myself. 
WHY: I decided to start a blog because my dream job would be to be a food critic. I've had a lifelong romance with food and I love trying new stuff. My favorite activity is going out to eat with my husband, Dave. I have an actual opinion about food and I don't discriminate based on anything but how it actually appeals to me (taste, look, texture, etc.). I was having lunch last week with a friend and mentioned my dream job and neither of us knew how you get into that. She talked to her husband and he, somehow, knew. He said you start out by making a blog, going to places a few times a month, and so on. So, here I am.
WHAT: Now, I don't just go out to eat--I cook, too. I don't really enjoy making real food (meals), but I'm obsessed with baking desserts. It's not that I'm particularly bad at real food, it just doesn't bring me joy because I'd rather go out to get it. Baking, on the other hand, is just thrilling! I'm not the most experienced or fancy baker, but I've been working on it since I was 15 and I would say that my treats are pretty dang tasty. So, I'll be writing about what I make and where I eat.
WHO: I don't want to talk about my every little thought and feeling; that's why I hate journaling. I just want to tell you enough about myself so you're not completely confused when I make a redhead joke or talk about what Dave thought of my cupcakes. So, I'm 24..well, will be next Saturday...anyways, I'm a 24 year old, natural redhead and prone to dying it lots of other colors, married to Dave, living in Utah and moving to Georgia in May, third of seven children, LDS, childless, aspiring baker and foodie. Yep, I think that covers most of the bases. 
So, let the baking, eating, and blogging begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment